A week ago I decided to install the Alfresco open source enterprise content management system on my CentOS VM. The basic install is very easy, comprising of creating /opt/alfresco and untarring the downloaded file into it. The demo version uses HSQL as a content repository, but this isn't recommended for production use.
I opted to change the datasource to MySQL and after setting up the database (using the script provided), I had problems starting the Alfresco installation. I then ran out of time and abandoned it.
Today I went back to the install and after doing some reading up, found that the problem was due to changing the content repository from HSQL to MySQL. As I had no content to worry about, I deleted /opt/alfresco and reinstalled. The big difference this time being that I did not start the installation before I changed the settings to MySQL.
And it works! I now need to learn how to use it, but it appears to be a very powerful piece of software. More blogging soon...
Post a Comment